photo ChristyDunnamBlogheader_zpsf4f3d3a6.png

 photo about_zps1fce12d0.png photo emma_zpsfc50ef24.png photo FAMILY_zps58977a6a.png photo house_zpscf683387.png photo table_zps0d705bde.png photo thoughts_zps27be2b05.png photo fun_zps6d646c73.png

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Good news and more news

Emma had a really good evening and is having a good morning too. She is walking more than she has in a loooong time! We are thrilled! She's not quite as coordinated as she once was but is walking around the den and kitchen nonetheless! Prayer is powerful! Even if God is giving this to her for a short time, it's good no matter what.

And for those of you who don't know the news that shocked even us...we are expecting our 4th child! (Scream!) OK, I've picked myself up off the floor. We're actually not grimacing every time we say this now. ;) I'm about 17 weeks along, and the baby is due April 5. A couple of answers for inquiring we weren't trying. Yes, we were preventing. Anymore questions?

Now, we need you to pray for something else. This baby has a 25% chance of having the disease that Emma has. We are praying for the other 75%! We went to the doctor yesterday and had an amniocentesis. We will know the results from that in about 3 weeks or so. Pray for our peace and patience while we wait. And please pray in agreement with us that this baby will be healthy. I know God provides everything we need. I'm just hoping He realizes I'm about at my limit for what I can handle. ;)

Here is a picture from the ultrasound yesterday. Luke was praying for a brother, and was severely disappointed when we told them we're having another girl! Talk about rip out your heart. Kelvin said we'd be having another girl, and Luke said, "another girl?" Then Kelvin says, "that means you're special. You'll be the only boy!" Luke replied, "I didn't want to be the only boy. I wanted a brother," at which point he hung his head and went to his room. At least he has a few months to get used to the idea, right?

Thank you for praying. Have a great weekend!


  1. Oh my stars! Congratulations! What a wonderful couple pieces of news to go through this weekend with! I'm very, very grateful for Emma being able to walk a little more - I can't imagine the frustration she was feeling - ugh, it made my stomach turn. Praying with you and for you for the very best results the amnio will give and for your beautiful family! Take good care of yourself, Mama -

  2. Congrats!!!! I'm so excited for you all. Take care of yourself and remember you are in God's mighty hands.

  3. Congratulations!!!

    that IS wonderful news.

    The Bernard Bunch in France is especially pleased for you.

    All your children are spectacular.

    We love them all.

    All our love

    The Bernard Bunch

  4. Congratulations! How exciting! I'll be praying for a healthy little one for you!

  5. OH MY WOW!!! Congratulations!!!

  6. Yeah you let the cat outta the bag! I love the photo and will be praying that she is healthy-healthy all the way!


Thank you for stopping by. We love hearing from you. Blessings!

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips