I thought I would take a few minutes to reflect on some things I've learned about myself since returning to the classroom. I'm not super proud of some of these revelations.
1. I am NOT Superwoman. Not even close. I don't know how my working mom friends have done it all these years.
2. I never realized just how much I LOVED being home. I like it a lot. I miss it…a LOT.
3. Teaching is hard. Like real hard.
4. I am not that great of a teacher.
5. I get frustrated pretty easily and wish I could paddle some of my students on a daily basis.
6. I like feeling appreciated, and teachers don't get that much.
7. This teaching gig might not work out long-term. I think there is a season for everything, and quite frankly, my season of teaching other people's kids probably ended when I quit to stay home with my own.
8. I'm not good at figuring out what to eliminate from my schedule.
9. I need a lot of help and a lot of sleep.
10. I really like week-long Thanksgiving breaks.
So, what's new with you? Reading anything good? Making anything great? Try any new recipes or gadgets that have changed your life? Are you finished with your Christmas shopping? I am super excited to say, for the first time EVER, I have started. It's been an aspiration for as long as I can remember, and this year, I started shopping before December! Y'all, this is big…HUGE!