I thought I would take a few minutes to reflect on some things I've learned about myself since returning to the classroom. I'm not super proud of some of these revelations.
1. I am NOT Superwoman. Not even close. I don't know how my working mom friends have done it all these years.
2. I never realized just how much I LOVED being home. I like it a lot. I miss it…a LOT.
3. Teaching is hard. Like real hard.
4. I am not that great of a teacher.
5. I get frustrated pretty easily and wish I could paddle some of my students on a daily basis.
6. I like feeling appreciated, and teachers don't get that much.
7. This teaching gig might not work out long-term. I think there is a season for everything, and quite frankly, my season of teaching other people's kids probably ended when I quit to stay home with my own.
8. I'm not good at figuring out what to eliminate from my schedule.
9. I need a lot of help and a lot of sleep.
10. I really like week-long Thanksgiving breaks. 😁
So, what's new with you? Reading anything good? Making anything great? Try any new recipes or gadgets that have changed your life? Are you finished with your Christmas shopping? I am super excited to say, for the first time EVER, I have started. It's been an aspiration for as long as I can remember, and this year, I started shopping before December! Y'all, this is big…HUGE!